Our Shelter exclusive module is all about living simply, beautifully and yet still with everything you need. It’s about freedom debt and having the economic freedom to live a bigger life, instead of having a bigger house. They contain a living area, sleeping room, kitchen and bathroom and the complete construction is constructed out of sustainable wood.
It is possible to build these homes to be entirely self-contained and of-grid, generating their own water, and electricity. Characteristic of these outbuildings are the large windows that ensure maximum outdoor experience and optimum light intensity.
With its zero impact, ARK leaves the surrounding nature untouched. Its minimalistic design doesnít have ambition to stand out, but wants to merge into the landscape. Your shelter provides you the ability to enjoy nature by becoming part of it, directing all attention to the wonderful view. And even if you close your new home from the outside, natural light stripes will play an inspiring role in the interior.
– Weight: 9 tons
– Dimensions: in m ( H/ L / W ) 3,2 / 9,2 / 3 (with closed windows) in feet ( H / L / W ) 10,8 / 30 / 9,8
– Living space: 20,2 m2 , bathroom 2,5 m2, shelter 28 m2 without terraces.
– Foundations: 8 point light foundations / prefabricated plates or ground screws/
– Heating: fireplace + additional electric system infra panels
– Ventilation: electrical ventilation for the bathroom and toilet
– Sewage : case by case / 4 main types : grid connection, septic tank, chemical toilet and dry toilet/
– insulation rockwool /λD = 0,035 W.m-1.K-1/ : horizontal constructions 240mm λD vertical constructions 160mm
/ choose your plan variation /
– Facade: wooden plates 60 mm / 2,36 inch wide spaced with 10 mm / 0,39 inch gaps
impregnated with black oil paint
– Front facade: double layered glazing 8-16-8 mm / 0,3-0,6-0,3 inch
sliding-harmonic glass doors (2 x 3 panels) – provides best connectivity between interior and exterior
– Roof: metal sheet with combination of rubber hydro-insulation
– Bottom: hydro insulation
– Terrace: timber plates (one side painted black, one side painted without pigment)
– walls, ceiling and floor are covered by cross laminated timber plates / bioplate which are painted by fareproof paint. In order to keep simple elegance in complexity of one material.
– black leather is used on bed-bench and on chairs
– light grey textile is used on the bed matrass
– tempered glass is used under the fireplace
water/sewage and electricity independent principles :
special adaptation / case by case /
– Electric: solar panels with batteries / makes you independent /
– Water: water tank 1,2 m3 /collecting water from the roof with 3 times filtration /